Tuesday, July 30, 2013

"Orange Is the New Black": Two opinions

Orange Is the New Black is the hottest new TV show of the year! The gripping comedy/drama, based on the memoir by Piper Kerman, is the most popular of streaming-video service Netflix's original programs. We asked two members of the Cafeteria Lady entertainment blog staff to tell us what they think of the show.

Rick Tyre: If this is "the new black," I'll keep the old black, thank you! First of all, this isn't even a TV show. It comes over the Internet on Netflix, which by the way isn't free, and this means I have to watch it on my computer. And when this sudsy soap opera wasn't crashing Internet Explorer, all I saw was a bunch of mopey gals in the same outfit sit around, crabbing about their problems or causing trouble. Who cares what they think? If these ladies knew what's what, they wouldn't be in the hoosegow in the first place.

Angela Grammer: The thought-provoking first season of "Orange Is the New Black" is so full of laughs, tears, and ideas, I might just have to watch it again! I "binge-watched" all 13 episodes in just a couple of days--that's how fascinating Piper, Alex, Crazy Eyes, and the other inmates were to me. For me, it was especially interesting to see how some of the older inmates, such as Red and Miss Claudette, were able to adapt and thrive in an unusual environment. I do think some of the harsh language and nudity is unnecessary, but overall, Orange Is the New Black is exciting, eye-opening, must-see television!

What do you think of Netflix's smash hit? Tell us in the comments, or on Twitter--we're here for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment