Thursday, July 25, 2013

Homespun Advice for Hollywood Celebrities: Miley Cyrus


Cafeteria Lady entertainment blog contributor Angela Grammer knows that the stars aren't so different from the rest of us--they could use some of the plainspoken wisdom shared in families across America and the world. Today, Angela shares her heartfelt advice for Miley Cyrus.

Miley, you are a beautiful and talented young woman (although I do think you looked even prettier when your hair was longer and your natural color). Your success is surely well deserved, and the joy and talent you've shown in your work has been an inspiration to girls everywhere.

But I worry about what those girls see when they look at you now. I also wonder what your fiance Liam Hemsworth thinks. I'm sure he loves you, but deep down in their hearts, not many men want to watch their future wife act sexual toward furniture, as the whole world has now seen you do in your latest video, "We Can't Stop." In the lyrics to that song, you sing about "dancing with molly."

I know I am not part of your fast, glitzy Hollywood party scene, but I do know that "molly" is a reference to drugs. Please, Miley, look around you at peers like Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Amanda Bynes, and try to avoid going down the roads that turned out so unhappy for them.

I know you can be happy and have a long career that influences the world in positive ways. Now is the time to make your choices carefully so that this will happen. --Angela Grammer

No comments:

Post a Comment